Saturday 10 December 2011

'I dream of becoming a parent,' reveals Barcelona's Lionel Messi

"I dream of being a father," he told Argentine magazine Caras.

Messi has won numerous pieces of silverware on both a personal and collective level at Barcelona, but admits without the presence of his family he would have struggled to cope with the pressures of top-level football.






"In football, you are faced with many questions and can easily become unsettled. Having the support of my family made everything easier," he continued.

"My family were always near me and often said [family support] was essential and very important for my career, especially towards achieving my goals, which is most difficult. You can get many doubts and become disrupted by everything that happens."

The diminutive No.10 is also renowned for living a far more tranquil life in comparison to some of his peers, and made no secret that he prefers to live out of the spotlight - while devoting less of his time to video games.

"The truth is I live a very normal life," Messi continued. "I'd rather live quietly at home, and when I have to go shopping, I get it done without any problems.

"I got tired of the Playstation and play very little now. I have to meet many expectations of myself," he concluded.

Barcelona are currently three points behind Real Madrid and play host to Levante on Saturday. Kick-off at Camp Nou is scheduled for 20:00CET.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts